You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Once More 'Round The Bend

What a long, busy weekend! First, I checked into my suite at the Four Seasons. Then, it was off to a dress fitting. Then, party after party after party. And finally...The Oscars!

ha ha ha! In actuality, I was helping shoot an open house for HGTV. Far less glamorous, but no less exciting.

That said, was this Oscar's a snore or what? I dunno--I think it's maturity, but I don't really care that much anymore. I think it's great to honor those involved with film because I adore movies, but what's up with all the pomp and circumstance? I work so hard for my money and to see this other "class" in the clouds above us, trotting around with fancy gowns...I think the evening, for me, has lost its luster.

And yet, I love it enough to call all the winners right and win, in a three-way tie, the Oscars voting contest. That was pretty fun--I'm very scientific about it, and it's funny how you can call the winners by analyzing the general buzz and attitude of the Oscars. Shocking was that the screenplay awards...gasp!---went to the people that TRULY deserved them!

PS A few clever ladies in the crowd brought their knitting to do. By the time the show was finished, they had an afghan big enough to coat the floor. Mental note: Learn to knit before next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home