You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Thank God for Black History Month

So far I have seen:
two urban "def jam" comedy concerts on Comedy Central
one documentary on hip hop (on VH-1..OF COURSE!!)
The Notorious BIG Behind the Music
Beverly Hills Cop on Comedy Central.

I have laughed and cried, and wished that I too could have a rap name.

Here's the thing: Many of the comics all have portions of their acts that are "White people and black people are different. White people are so etc etc etc..." that if a white person tried to do the opposite way would be taken as completely inappropriate. But it did lead me to think: White women really come down on themselves, on their bodies. But a black woman could have a goiter and hair sticking out of her eyeballs and think she's a goddess, and to hell with any man that doesn't think so. I think white women should take a cue from that aspect of black culture. I no longer bitch or look down on my body, and I have so much more mental energy.

I still want a rap name.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about Dezh Mo'?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home