You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Effect-ing

I met a fellow this week who works for a post-production house and recently worked with James Cameron on one of his many "underwater" films, the IMAX extravaganza Aliens of the Deep. He remarked that Cameron is a man who "doesn't take no for an answer." Recalling the groundbreaking CG effects in T2, we agreed that it's guys like Cameron and George Lucas who say, "what the hell, if no one else is gonna do it, I am," and plow their own money and time into advancing special effects. It's almost to the point where effects are underwhelming, now that The Matrix, well, broke the matrix.

Industry folks are scratching their heads at Cameron's vow to bring back 3-D, which my aquaintance said is shot with fewer cameras and utilizes more advanced glasses (who knew the GLASSES had to be updated too?) than in days past. But as with effects, maybe Cameron is once again ahead of his time. If I can see the Titanic crack in half in 3-D, I'd say it's worth the R&D.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I love what the attention to detail these guys have with the images. I just wish they cared as much about their scripts.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    True dat...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home