You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Friday, February 18, 2005

I fell asleep.

Two days in the field (being dusted upon with dry wall and holding a large "mini" dv cam at odd angles) has perfectly exhausted me, and yet I managed to do laundry, iron, and watch OC (is it just me, or does Mischa Barton act better as a lesbo?). Then, I lay in bed watching the Secret Life of Michael Jackson program, and I fall asleep after the first hour and a half.

HOWEVER, I noticed that VH-1's "special report" on MJ was much more in depth and broke the same news two weeks earlier. Not that I don't love Martin Bashir for starting the process of nabbing this guy, but still, there was recycled info about Corey Feldman that I saw on 20/20 last week.

Wow! This entry makes me sound like I have NO LIFE!! Not true!

But there's nothing better than lying in bed watching VH-1. Is it just me, or is it not the finest Pop Culture-oriented channel right now? I only have 70 cable stations, so perhaps that's not an educated statement, but I think it should be called "PC-1."

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should never feel guilty about lying in bed watching VH-1 after a long day of videotaping the process of construction. It IS exhausting, and your brain should be allowed those brief moments of blissful atrophy that follow GOOD HARD WORK.

    If you had the inclination, besides VH-1, TRIO is a great network for Pop Culture, albeit 10 - 20 year old Culture (maybe no longer "Pop", but "Snap" or "Crackle").

    Sadly, TRIO is going out of business -- so we are forced to watch shows that never made it or reruns of NBC's David Letterman in our imaginations only.

    You probably fared better watching MJ than the first episode of SURVIVOR:PALAU. This show is getting more tired than a narcoleptic on Ambien. Burnett needs to give it a rest. Especially since the big news of the day is we have the first ever SUICIDE of a reality show contestant. (THE CONTENDER). Burnett and Stallone spun it well to take the focus off their show's effect on an apparent depressive personality type, but in attempting to increase the stakes for his contestants, Burnett immediately eliminated two at the very top of the show for no apparent reason. This dramatic type of rejection and humiliation could possibly force a trend. (Suicide, I mean.)

    I'll shut up now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home