You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Tupac Theories: Everything but the grassy knoll


Tupac
Originally uploaded by violetta.
So ever since Black History Month weekend (see several posts below), I've been delving into the whole Tupac-Biggie thing. There's tons of theories that I am JUST NOW sampling, from the bizarre (the old saw that 2pac is still alive) to the likely (the LAPD were way deep in it--this according to retired detective Russell Poole).

I watched Tupac: Resurrection and finally understood all the fuss about this guy. He is sharply intelligent, educated, soulful, and also violent, churlish, and eager to create adversaries. His success combined with his youth likely led to such complexities and contradictions, so on one hand, you feel he created some of the controversy, and on the other, you feel the weight of the tragedy.

Both Biggie and Tupac were under 26 when they died. You wonder how can someone pack so much influence into such a young life.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So having just finished a very immasculating conversation with two women who are in the sexual death throes of some guy who exudes hot, Alpha-male phermones, I have to wonder.

    Would Tupac be that arresting if he looked like Notorious B.I.G.? I mean, not only do we worship at the feet of artists who succumbed to untimely deaths, but don't we also project even greater Sainthood on them when they're hot? Look at Kurt Cobaine -- lionized for eternity. And hot as hell.

    No one is ready to posthumously knight Spalding Grey now are they? Who?

    Hmmm...

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Bunny said…

    I totally agree with you! When I was watching the segment of "Tupac Ressurection" during the "I love women" montage (Tupac discussing his relationships with women) my boyfriend looked over and saw my eyes glazed over. "I can tell he's working his charm on you," he said. It was pretty funny.

    And in fact one of the pieces of ammunition Tupac used against Biggie during their rivalry was by spreading the rumor (?) that he slept with Biggie's wife, Faith Evans. Love is a battlefield!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home