You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Get Outta Dodge

So me and my boyfriend are going to this resort next weekend, and I couldn't be happier. Actually I'm thrilled. THRILLED. I have realized that over the course of the past 15 years I haven't taken one real vacation. A real vacation is a trip of at least 5 days that doesn't solely revolve around visiting family. It's actual go on the beach, relax, sightsee, etc (with family is fine--I'm just saying, 5 days visiting family in Paducah does not a vacay make).

I am just up to here with regret over that. What was I waiting for? I didn't want to spend the money, but I'll spend it one way or another throughout my life, and now I'm pretty fried. I get so tired so easily these days and I'm sure it's 'cause I just didn't have time to recharge.

So two days in Central Cali will be great, and then over my holiday hiatus we're probably taking 5 days to go up the coast. I will have no plans except to read books and watch tv and listen to the waves lap the shore and all that crap, thinking all the while that the average American takes less than 10 days a year of vacation. While our president takes 30!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home