You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Friday, April 07, 2006

boot scootin' boogie

I am obsessed. It's unhealthy and bizarre.

I'm determined to master line dancing.

It all started when I met a pal who loves country music as much as I do. I learned that if you seperate the wheat from the chaff, you can find some pretty good tunes--good melodies, lyrics, instrumentation. Then, for fun, we went to a gay country bar on Ventura.

We all tried to follow the line dances--to no avail! These steps were out of a britney spears video. Impossible!

Then I went to Dallas just a couple weeks ago, and again, was confounded by the routines. This is stupid, I thought. This is the corniest looking dancing around and I, who took dance lessons from kindergarten on up through college, can't do it??

So now it's V's big 30th birthday party, and she's having it at this huge country and western dance club in Thousand Oaks. Dag nabbit, I decided, I WILL master line dancing.

The Tush Push. Slappin' Leather. The Cowboy Hip Hop.

And so, I bought (bought!) a line dancing DVD and went to town. While I was learning the Grapevine and the three-step, I realized that I have longed to take dance lessons more intensely than I realized. I've been dying to take a 6-week ballet series, I've attempted ballroom dancing - twice--with the boyfriend, but nothing sticks. Then I saw Take The Lead to review, and even though it was pretty cheesy, the dancing was awesome, and I thought, this is what is missing from my life.
Image hosting by Photobucket


But for now, the only excuse to dance on my tight schedule is this line dancing. So dammit, I'm gonna make it count. Kentucky Chug, I will master you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home