You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dallas

I went to visit one of my best friends (buddies since Junior high, when our lockers were just a few spaces apart!) in Dallas this weekend. I admire him so much as he is getting a "real" job - he's studying to get his PHd in Clinical Psychology. Reading some of his course-related text is mind boggling. So far he has diagnosed me as "neurotic," but assured me that this classification is underneath the "normal" heading. Thank god!

Not much to do in Dallas but eat, eat, eat. And at least the eatin' is good. I was sick for the trip--got a sore throat the morning I flew out--but all the spicy food and tequila ensured that I could at least function.

We also went to the Grassy Knoll, the area on the outskirts of downtown where JFK got shot.

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's me considering the many conspiracy theories behind who REALLY shot JFK, with said Knoll in the background.

It's something that always fascinates me, seeing something famous (or infamous, in this case), whether a document, person, or site, in person for the first time. Its character changes. It also becomes human and everyday--just a grassy knoll. Smaller than you remember seeing in the Zapruder screen shots. But fascinating nonetheless.

I left Dallas on Sunday and am already forlorn that I will not be eating real Tex Mex anytime soon. Or BBQ brisket. But at least LA is the Sushi Capital of America--that I CANNOT do without!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home