You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Elizabethtown is a 5.

I saw it last night with a buddy who got a free screening and it was...eh. I can see why folks are complaining. There is an awkward sense of pacing; Orlando Bloom is lacking something--a certain depth, and comfort with Cameron Crowe's more poetic dialogue--and there are lapses in logic. For example, a character provides Bloom with a guide to a road trip across the company, but the expert planning was all done in 24 hours and the guide pretty much gets the whole trip timed down to the minute. I don't see how that can happen.

As someone who thinks "Legally Blonde" is Shakespeare, for a lapse in logic to bug me really says something. But, "Elizabethtown" also has its sincere, and sweet moments, and it made me cry a couple times, and that says something--that doesn't happen to me every day.

So, it's a 5. I would say, wait for the DVD. And for a sincere effort, it wasn't awful, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home