You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I HAVE A TV.

When I first started working production, not even two years ago, I was a grizzled 27-year-old who, while holding down soul-sucking corporate jobs to fund my oddessey to be an actor (which was even MORE soul-sucking--at least I got promoted at the other jobs!), was longing for an actual CAREER I loved.

So I chose production after I got laid off from the last corporate gig. I was a lowly PA and I was trolling the offices of the first place that hired me, I noticed: Everyone had a t.v.! I thought: This is a great career for me! Where watching t.v. while working was CONDONED!! Hot damn!

When I finally landed a string of staff positions at a particular company, no one got a cable-enabled telly.

But at this new job--I just started yesterday--I have one. EVERYONE, including P.A.'s, have one. OMG, it's big too!!!

A friend here told me she doesn't have one by a fluke, but she's afraid if she did she'd never get any work done. For me, I work well with a T.V. softly murmuring in the background. My new job entails some paper edits and writing, and when I get stuck or need a break, I just turn, see Dr. Phil or Marlena from "Days of Our Lives" speaking earnestly to the screen, and, comforted, I turn back and write dilligently.

I have made it. I have a T.V. at work!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Onyx said…

    Congratulations!! That's the way I felt when I got my programming job and found out I get internet and IM.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Bunny said…

    I would die without the internet! Good for you.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    You've arrived! Now can you get someone to read my script? ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home