You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Nananananananananan BAT MANNNNN!


batman_on_set
Originally uploaded by violetta.
Okay. Best superhero movie I have EVER seen. And I was quite a sucker for the Spider Man movies.

So many good things about this; a poetic thematic arc about facing fear, about facing guilt; a dash of conspiracy about correcting the evils of man worldwide; a perfectly (almost...TOO perfect) orchestrated combination of different characters and how they wind together elegantly by the end; and almost-fantastic fight scenes. (Too close up in many so you can't see the martial-arts play--probably because there was only so much Batman could do in that stiff suit, huh? I'm guessing.)

And lots of fun, lots of drama, beautiful set pieces...and Christian Bale. Listen, Batman has to be intelligent and super hot all at the same time, and he fits the bill. Sweet!

All the actors are fantastic--including 28 Days Later's unexpected Cillian Murphy and the chameleon-perfect Gary Oldman.

Oh, I could go on--instead I'm going to start counting the hours till I see it again tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Keit said…

    I'm going to see it tomorrow night. I can't wait. Do you think my having the hots for Christian Bale is wrong since I remember him as a little boy in Empire of the Sun, which I watched when I was in high school? Somehow it just seems sick. :-)

    kisses.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What I wanna know is... what's his real accent? He's British, right? But when I saw him at a comic book convention doing press for Batman Begins, he had a Brooklyn accent.

    WTF?

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    A pal saw him at a panel as well and noticed same accent. I think he's uber-Method and reverts to his on screen behavior while mingling amongst us civilians. A little hackneyed, but...he's so good, I'll forgive him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home