You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Oh-My-God-The-O-C: Season Finale

Okay, it was full of potboiler twists--totally operatic--but I must say, there were a couple scenes where I really was touched. The acting in this show is totally top notch, and that's the most important facet of this show. The show has to deliver outrageous plot twists--that's why we watch it; it has to deliver high drama; but to make it palatable and in-depth, the acting has to be straightforward and skilled. Luckily it is, even by the people who play the most cartoonish characters (i.e. Melinda Clarke as Julie Cooper). Well, Mischa Barton isn't exactly Meryl Streep, but she's fine for now.

I'll miss it. Will Marissa go to jail? Is Tray actually dead? Will Kiki survive rehab? ?? Will she??? WILL SHE??

Must calm down. I have a summer to get through mentally intact!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Did Marissa shoot Trey? I only saw this sporadically during the season. I agree the acting rises above the absurd writing, but I wonder how good it could be with real writers doing the scripts. Then again, the ratings would go no higher, so why bother...

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    When things get too ridiculous, there is the danger also that the acting will look TOO straight compared to all the nonsense. I can't wait to see if the show will implode upon itself next season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home