You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Reasons Why I Haven't Updated My Blog

1. My mother visited last week. Since I just moved into a condo that still needs many things (including carpet), we were VERY busy. We went to Target three times, one visit that actually drew blood.

1a. Further on the house/drawing blood tip, I've been trying to check off a never-ending to-do list. I still need carpet, and I have to constantly get on Lowes' ass about delivery; I have furniture to buy; painting jobs to finish (I painted one bathroom cabinet and one desk); a damn fridge to sell (3 people have flaked out already); and...and...shit, I can't even remember. Too much. Not that I'm complaining; it's a wonderful thing to finally be "house poor."

2. I have been working. Not the normal 8-5 bullcrap, but a tv production job. Which is a whole other fun scintillating but very tiring ball of wax.

3. I got cable. Like 800-channel digital cable on steroids (for three months anyways--introductory offer). Which leads me to...

4. I have been watching "the L Word." Per a co-worker's recommendation, I rented the first 4 eps of season 1, then used my handy "Showtime ON DEMAND" on my new cable system to blaze through the first part of season 2. And can I just say: I love SHANE!! Kathryn Moennig (sp?) is an awesome, intriguing, dynamite actress. I wish I were someone with some sort of power so I could build a show around her--she's incredible!! I *so* want to do my eyeliner like her.

Re: Character, Shane's the rough-and-tumble heartbreaker who takes everything in stride and keeps her eyes and ears peeled without meddling in anyone's business. She's got a sexy low demi moore voice, but a boyish look and figure that is altogether so cool and so unique. I'd love to completely imitate her look for, like, a month.

Re: Pam Griers, not a good fit for the show. Great lady, but her character's all wrong. Luckily, with my ON DEMAND service, I can fast forward. Cable, how I love thee.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Hey, those beat my usual reasons -- some combination of writer's block and manic depression, followed by weird epiphanies!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    writers = depression AND Epiphanies...dangers of the job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home