You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Friday, May 20, 2005

"Do's" and "Don't's" Star Wars Style


anakin
Originally uploaded by violetta.
We were discussing here in my office how George Lucas is a magnificent producer, not so hot on the writing and directing aspects of filmmaking.

This extends to hair and makeup. Apparently, even though the effects and cinematography are already miles different from the old movies, he attempts to imitate the 70s-era looks of his sequels in his recent Star Wars flicks--to disastrous effect.

However, in the new movie, Return of the Sith, I'm seeing way better hairstyles. Anakin Skywalker, played by Hayden Christensen, is the greatest improvement.

Remember in the other two movies, he had that horrendous mullet-let, the beginnings of a bi-level, with that horrid spring-break-in-Cancun-in-1994 braid? Ech! How can you even identify with an anti-hero with such horrid hair?

Now, he has a lush haircut, perhaps a bit too poofy, but when sufficiently weighed down with sweat and angst, has that hot I'm-a-NYC-filmmaker-in-the-70s shagginess. I love it!

Yoda is next!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    I envy the hair -- I'd grown mine that long but it just wasn't working out. I envy the attention and kissing Natalie Portman and all that, but the anti-depressant-junkie-like reading of the lines is nauseating.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    Few actors were served by the movies. Of course I haven't seen Ep III yet, but I look forward to more of the same.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home