You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Escape From L.A.

I just spent 3 whirlwind days in NYC--what a blast. It was for my dear friend's 30th birthday and was so much fun, my heart sank as I left.

I'm not in love with NYC, but I have a huge crush on it. It's the place I want to live in for 6 months, not six years--and visit often. I love the subway, I love the people, I love the spectacle of Times Square and the classy grittiness of Fifth Ave. And I LOVE the medium-strength, hot deli coffee that the vendors fix with cream and sugar for you. It's the little things.

And I have to add that JetBlue is the best airline ever (for those of us on economy-class budgets). I watched three hours of MSNBC yesterday and read some chick lit during the commercials--it was just like at home! There's plenty of leg room and the flight attendants are perky and nice. AND...non-stop, round trip, Long Beach to NYC cost me less than $300. You can't miss.

Especially since service from Burbank starts next month............I'm closer than ever to my latest crush.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I think your friend is most lucky, and so are you for getting a nice visit. I love the city but haven't been back since just a few weeks before 09/11/01 -- not because of the tragedy, but it just hasn't worked out for me to return. I used to spend roughly 1/3 of my time in NYC for work and LOVED it, so I know where you're coming from. I could definitely live there, but I'm in kind of a suburban mode now with the kids and all...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home