You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

To Affleck...or To Not Affleck?

I just like him. I can't help myself. Everytime I'm convinced he's a tool or clueless, I see him trade bon mots on MSNBC about politics or hear an adorable story about him. There are reports he's a bit of an a-hole, but contrasting accounts of personable nice-guyness. I imagine he just has a lot of mood swings. (Hey, what million-dollar earning actor doesn't).

My favorite story is when a pal of mine was directing a play starring a roommate of Affleck's (at the time...this was a coupla years ago), and she shows up at the place, meeting her actress in the kitchen. Who walks in to grab a beer but Ben. In his boxer shorts. The nicest guy ever. Stays and chats for a bit, perfectly laid back.

Now he just needs to find a project up his alley. No more stolid hero guys--he can't pull it off. His next gig, about an agent doing personal-rep damage control, sounds great. Good luck Ben! And say hi to Matt for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home