You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Is Robert Mondavi the Devil?



Originally uploaded by violetta.
A new doc, Mondovino, according to those who viewed it recently, is an artsy, provocative view into the mass production of wine. It sounds like a great compliment to Sideways and a deep look into how wine production has changed, evolved, and, perhaps, devolved.

Me, I'm a hard liquor girl. But I like reading about wine. I read the Gourmet magazine wine section every month and my favorite column in the Wall Street Journal is the gabby and familiar "Tastings" wine column by husband and wife team Dorothy (Dottie) J. Gaiter and John Brecher. Their wines are rarely overpriced and they love telling readers about good deals without pretention.

Love to read about it, not crazy about tasting it. I guess that makes me a shameless foodie. But is there any aficiandos who like to talk about the "woodsiness" or "clean taste" of a shot of Jack?? If there are, call me, 'kay?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I used to have pretensions of being a wine afficianado when I lived in Santa Barbara, but at the end of the day I just don't like it that much. As for Jack, I loved it until I had an intense experience in high school that soured my stomach to whiskey (including bourbon) in general, and that's pretty bad for a guy who grew up in Kentucky. These days I stick with clear liquors or European beers, but I'm no conniseur.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    Clear liquor is so much better for you anyways...less of a hangover. And with liquor, you don't need to be a conneiseur. That's key to my enjoyment of anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home