You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Ritz is Chintzy

So I was staying at the Dana Point Ritz-Carlton (my dad was there on business--this is not an everyday occurence) and I found it delightful and pleasant.

There are two things I take issue with, however.

1. No in-room fridge.
2. No in-room coffee machine.

My family loves coffee. Often, during family trips, we have an end-of-day pot of decaf in our hotel room while shouting at the usual round of pundits on MSNBC or engrossed in Law and Order reruns. Well, first of all, the cable channels were pretty lame (no HGTV!!!!), and second of all, the food was ridiculously expensive. Expected, of course; but now you can't even save your ridiculously expensive leftovers in an in-house fridge!

And they couldn't afford a $5 4-cup coffee maker? Whatever. So you have to order their $4-a-cup coffee? Which, by the way, isn't that good. !!!

I'm still glad I got to spend a day there. But if I were a paying customer...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    I always ask before I book a room if they have those two things. How can they expect you to get by otherwise? My sister-in-law's Dad used to be a bigshot there. I'll lodge a complaint -- he knows the right people.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Bunny said…

    Niiiiccee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home