You Can't Make This S**t Up

Because...you can't.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Rest...Rest...All I Wish to Do Is Rest...

I remember auditioning for "Uncle Vanya" for one of the characters--hell if I can remember who--and I remember her always saying, "All I want to do is rest..."

Now, after a increasingly brutal (for HGTV standards) shoot schedule, one that I bear the brunt of more than any of my hardworking peers, I drive home, piddle through my mail, hurriedly take a shower, and think: Rest. All I want to do is REST. But my brain is thrumming and I'm going through my mental checklist of how I can squeeze a full seven hours in between now and 7am and if I can make it through the next 48 hours, for that matter, and how I'm going to pay my bills this week on top of it. I still can't REST.

Finally, that time has come. Instead of filling a cooler with ice and ordering lunch and being told my the cameraman that he needs protein so could he PLEASE have a chicken sandwich instead of pizza and being asked by a homeowner as I'm cleaning his floor if I'd "like to be a producer someday" (only to tell him I'm, ahem, a Segment Producer), I will be working in a cool, AC'd, gray cubicled normal humming OFFICE.

I usually hate offices. But after all that hot-heavy-lifting-construction-site-filled menial labor, I just want to sit somewhere and do paperwork, make phone calls, rush to the copier, fill in my boss on post production status, and rest. Just rest.

Finally, I can. Sweet Jesus, thank you.

I'm going to bed now.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    I'm a big office hater as well, but it's definitely relative to whatever other drudgery I have to do. You've earned the post time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home